Sunday 24 April 2011

CBC Radio supporting speeders?


Many mornings on CBC Radio’s drive show, I hear warnings to drivers of police having set up radar speed traps.

Every time I hear these warnings, it jars.

Is it even ethical of the peoples’ radio to give these warnings?

I actually want the speeders to get caught. 

Long ago I read that most accidents are caused by sudden, unpredictable actions - the kind of things speeders do when they are pushing you from behind or weaving in and out of traffic trying to go faster and faster.

Now, with the news that some of those people are texting while they’re at it - I want them pulled over and ticketed. 

I want there to be a big huge financial disincentive. I’m sick of people riding my bumper when I’m going at the speed limit or when, for safety reasons, I choose at times to drive a bit below the limit.

CBC Radio, what's your point in helping these dangerous drivers slow down just long enough to not get caught at it? Please, CBC, stop giving the show away.

2 comments:

Janice Lesley said...

Recently I asked that same question (!) and was told that the police prefer radio stations to inform the public of the radar traps. This is because this information encourages people to slow down. The 24 hour traffic station AM 730 does the same thing.

Margo Lamont said...

I wondered if that was why they did it. It's all very well to make everyone slow down for one morning - I'd rather they caught the major offenders and took them off the roads though.

Article: "3 Common Pitfalls in Memoir Queries" by Jane Friedman

Read about these 3 common pitfalls in memoir queries , by Jane Friedman. About Jane Her blog is here . She says, " I report on the book...